Fleas suck the blood from animals and not only are the bites itself a cause for discomfort, the resulting infection, if the fleas are not timely removed, can prove to be a serious health hazard for dogs.
Those who have pets, especially dogs, realize how terrible a flea infection can be and how quickly it can get out of hand.
Dogs often end up scratching themselves when they are disturbed by the constant irritation of the skin and this can also cause the infection to fester. It is, hence, of paramount importance that the right flea treatment is chosen for dogs.
Here are some tips to help you do so:
- Effective, Waterproof Flea Treatment for Dogs: PetArmor Plus is a waterproof, flea & tick topical prevention for dogs that kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, and chewing lice for up to 30 days after application
- Trusted, Vet Quality* Formula: Containing fipronil and (S)-methoprene, the same active ingredients as FRONTLINE Plus for Dogs. PetArmor Plus for Dogs has a powerful formula that starts to kill fleas within 24 hours
- KILLS FLEAS AND TICKS ON CONTACT – Veterinary Formula 8 oz. Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs eliminates fleas and ticks at all stages: egg, larval, and adult. Treatment also prevents future egg and larvae development
- EFFECTIVE AND AFFORDABLE – This effective flea spray for dogs manages to kill pests without harming your pet. It is formulated with a unique blend using the natural pesticide pyrethrins, permethrin and Nylar without using color additives or fragrances
- Keep your dog protected from fleas & ticks all month long with FRONTLINE Plus for Dogs a fast-acting, waterproof flea & tick topical that’s proven to kill fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, chewing lice, and ticks that can transmit Lyme disease.
- Break the flea life cycle with FRONTLINE Plus. Specially formulated with fipronil and (S)-methoprene to kill existing adult fleas, flea eggs and flea larvae to guard against further infestations for flea control.
1. Kills all forms of Flea during their Life Cycle
An adult female flea can lay up to fifty eggs at once and so if there are a number of fleas infesting your dog, it is quite unimaginable how soon they can start multiplying. As a result, choose a treatment that is effective in killing not just mature fleas, but also eliminates flea eggs and larvae. This will ensure that the fleas do not multiply, keeping the infestation under control.
2. Quick and Reliable Results
Since there are many different species of fleas, it is important to consult a vet who will be best able to judge the kind of treatment suitable for a particular kind of flea infestation. What works for one species of fleas might not be as effective for another and uninformed experimentation will only increase the dog’s distress. The correct medication will start showing results immediately. One must also take into account
the age and overall health condition of the dog.
3. Use of Safe Components
Check if the components used in the treatment are conducive to your dog. This is especially important if your dog is prone to allergies. There are many kinds of chemicals and ingredients used in such treatments and some might also cause side effects. Also, you might want to check with your vet that the medication will in no way react adversely to some other medication that your dog might already be taking
for some other health issues.
4. Ease of Usage
Dogs, like humans, can also be temperamental and when they have to contend with an infection, it is only natural that some dogs would throw tantrums as well. Try to use a medication which is easy to use, whether in terms of application, or oral intake, if your vet so advises. Trying to administer anything with the use of force is only likely to agitate the dog further.
5. Take your pet’s preferences into account
Since dogs are highly sensitive to smell, make sure that the medication is free from any odor as much as possible, especially one which your dog might not prefer. On the other hand, some dogs are partial to some flavors and adverse to others, so choose tablets in a flavor of their choice, which is easy to determine from their regular food habits. On the other hand, if your dog spends most of the time outdoors,
it might need a special ointment to protect its coat and skin as opposed to a dog that mostly stays indoors, like lapdogs.
Taking these factors into account will enable you to choose the right treatment plan like Nexgard Spectra for your beloved dog.